A complimentary 60-minute health check & program as well as a free 30-minute personal training session is offered upon becoming a Full Member of C-Life. After your initial appointment, regular 6 weekly re-assessments are offered to ensure you’re getting the results you want with the guidance of our C-Life exercise specialists.
Your health check appointment involves a series of physical tests. These are performed to allow staff to assess various aspects of your overall physical capacity and health. Your lifestyle, medical background & diet may also be discussed. These results will be used to prescribe a safe & effective exercise program tailored to your specific needs.
WHAT WILL BE ASSESSED?
- Age: This will allow your exercise specialist to make calculations & predictions of certain health scores such as aerobic fitness.
- Height: Helps us calculate health scores relative to height such as body mass index (height to weight ratio).
- Weight: Allows us to determine health scores relative to bodyweight such as body mass index and gives a starting score for any weight/fat loss goals.
- Blood Pressure: Blood pressure is the pressure of the blood in the arteries as the heart pumps it around the body. Blood pressure is recorded as two numbers, for example, 120/80. The first number is the pressure in the arteries as the heart squeezes blood out during each beat. It is called systolic blood pressure. The second number is the pressure as the heart relaxes before the next beat. It is called diastolic blood pressure.
- Resting Heart Rate: This is an indication of how efficiently your heart and circulatory system is working.
- Predicted Body Fat %: This is measured with a simple non-intrusive machine using bio-impedance analysis technology (BIA) and provides an estimated measure to indicate and tells us whether you are in a healthy range body fat or if it is in need of attention.
A training program will then be created based on your goals and fitness test results. From this, you will get a better understanding of the machines and equipment available, which ones suit your needs and how to use them.
WHAT DO I NEED TO WEAR AND BRING?
Wear comfortable clothes you can move freely in, such as shorts/t-shirt and shoes suitable for exercise such as runners. Also, bring a towel and drink bottle as you would for any exercise session.
Are you ready to achieve your goals? Call or see C-Life Reception on 9704 7712 and make a booking.