CORONAVIRUS UPDATE (18 MAR 2020)
The Australian Federal Government has this morning announced additional measures to slow the spread of the Coronavirus outbreak.
Canterbury continues to trade within these guidelines, and we welcome members of our community to continue to support and patronise our clubs.
As always, the health and safety of our Members, guests and staff remains the number one priority. We have introduced a number of measures to allow you to undertake recommended social distancing and increased personal hygiene practices during your visit. These measures include:
- Automatic hand sanitiser stations have been installed around the club and we encourage you to utilise these stations regularly during your visit
- Increasing cleaning cycles with the use of hospital grade disinfectants; particularly for high traffic areas, door handles, restrooms, handrails, tabletops, machine buttons and surfaces
- Spacing between tables in our restaurants has been further increased to at least 2 metres
- Cutlery and condiments have been removed from public access
- Straws have been replaced with single-serve hygienically wrapped items
- Measures have been undertaken on the gaming floor to increase spacing between players
- Staff in food service and delivery areas are wearing glove
It continues to be the advice of health authorities that the most effective measure for containing the spread of Coronavirus is through increased hand hygiene and practising sensible social distancing measures including:
- Washing your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water
- Using hand sanitiser after coming into contact with objects or people
- Avoid touching people where possible – refrain from handshakes and hugs
- Avoid touching your face; and
- If you are feeling unwell or have flu-like symptoms, you should stay at home and seek your doctor’s advice
Any employee who has recently travelled overseas or is displaying flu-like symptoms has been asked to self-isolate and we have been observing this practice for several weeks now.
If you, or a member of your family, have recently returned from overseas, you are required by the government to self-isolate for 14 days. You will be unable to visit Canterbury for this time and we reserve the right to refuse admittance to any Member if we believe they have recently travelled overseas or are displaying flu-like symptoms.
In line with Federal Government guidelines, events in excess of 100 people have been banned. As a result of this ban and in the interests of safety, a number of operational changes have been made at Canterbury including:
- All entertainment and shows have been cancelled effective Monday 23 March. If you have purchased tickets for a show occurring after that date you will be refunded in full. Please be patient as this may take several days
- Lavico Italian Ristorante will be closed following the end of lunch service on Sunday 22 March
- Bakehouse Café will be operating with a reduced menu
- Existing promotions will be reviewed on a daily basis
For the latest updates on what services and facilities are available at Canterbury, please refer to our website or follow us on our social media channels on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
For further information on Coronavirus you should refer to the Department of Health here or contact the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
We greatly value your loyalty and support in these challenging times, and I look forward to seeing you at the Club.
Chief Executive Officer